Thursday 11 September 2014

Review: Organic Surge Blissful Daily Moisturiser





For the past year, I've been trying to incorporate more natural and organic products into my skincare routine. However, many of these are either too expensive, don't work, smell like horse urine, give me an obscene amount of breakouts or are unattainable from where I live.

Upon stumbling across this product at I.E. Produce in Takapuna, I decided to pick it up and give it a try to see if it replaces my current love for Simple's Kind To Skin Hydrating Light Moisturiser, and I have to say, I am extremely impressed! This moisturiser is lightly scented without being too overwhelming, lasts all day long and feels light on the skin. With 50mL of product, a little really going a long way and did I mention that it is perfect for travelling too? The glass packaging is a little fragile but gives it that luxurious feel. This product is ideal for those with normal to slightly dry skin. If you have really dry skin, try the "Super-Intensive Daily Moisturiser" also by Organic Surge - it's perfect for those living in dry and colder climates.


The only con of this product is that it takes a bit longer to absorb into your skin but being a product of primarily natural origin, I can understand why (natural products often contain molecules than are larger that those found in synthetic compounds, thereby requiring a longer period of time to absorb into the skin). Also, because it's natural - make sure you store it in a cool and dry environment to prevent it from going off.

This stuff hasn't been animal tested. 99% of the total ingredients are from natural origin and 64% of the ingredients are derived from organic farming.


Verdict: 9/10.

Where you can get it: IE Produce in Takapuna, Auckland for $12.95 or online at NZ Health Food Co.

No comments:

Post a Comment